Has your WordPress website been hacked? I have fixed and cleaned hundreds of WordPress sites
How to tell if your WordPress Website has been hacked:
I have compiled a list of symptoms that you may experience if your WordPress website has been hacked. Don’t worry, all is not lost.
While this is 100% preventable, there are common things that I like to say are WordPress 101. There are things you can do right from the start to mitigate the chances of your WordPress site being hacked.
Some of these things are:
- Never use “admin” as your admin username or password
- Turn off all commenting.
- Do not allow users to register.
- Use a strong password (16 characters with numbers and special characters).
- Keep your plugins update-to-date at all times.
- Keep your themes up-to-date at all times.
- Keep free plugin installations to a minimum.
- Use only premium (paid) plugins.