8 Questions a Local Business Should Ask Before Hiring a Website Developer
As a local business owner, it is important to ask the right questions when hiring a website developer to ensure that your website meets the needs of your business and your customers. Here are some questions you may want to ask:
- What is your process for designing and building websites?
- This question can give you an idea of the developer’s approach to building websites and whether it aligns with your needs and preferences.
- Do you have experience working with businesses in our industry?
- It can be helpful to work with a developer who has experience building websites for businesses in your industry as they may have a better understanding of your specific needs and requirements.
- Can you provide examples of websites you have built in the past?
- Asking for examples of previous work can give you an idea of the developer’s design style and capabilities.
- How do you ensure that the website is user-friendly and easy to navigate?
- A user-friendly website is important for keeping visitors on your local business website and helping them find what they are looking for. Make sure the developer has a plan for making the site easy to navigate.
- How do you handle website updates and maintenance?
- It is important to know how the developer plans to handle updates and maintenance for the website. Will they handle this for you, or will you need to do it yourself?
- How do you approach SEO (search engine optimization)?
- SEO is important for helping your website rank higher in search engine results and attract more traffic. Ask the developer about their approach to SEO to make sure it aligns with your needs.
- What is your process for testing and debugging the website?
- It is important that the website is tested and debugged thoroughly before it is launched to ensure that it is functioning properly. Ask the developer about their process for testing and debugging the site.
- How do you handle revisions and changes to the website?
- It is common for there to be revisions and changes to a website during the development process. Make sure you understand the developer’s process for handling these changes and whether there are any additional costs involved.
By asking these questions, you can get a better understanding of the developer’s skills and approach to building websites, and ensure that you are hiring the right person for the job.